FPANY Committees - Click Here
To join a committee, contact the Board member in charge of the area of interest. Click here for the FPANY Committees.
The vision of the Financial Planning Association of New York is to be recognized as the leading association in NYC that advances the value of Financial Planning.
The mission of the Financial Planning Association of New York is to foster the highest standards of ethics, knowledge and skills of its members, and to continually enhance the reputation and integrity of the financial planning process and profession with the general public.
The Financial Planning Association of New York:
- Serves its members and the public by promulgating the highest standards of professionalism for the financial services industry.
- Is committed to both member and public education about the financial planning process and an understanding of the benefits of financial planning to the consumer and the practitioner.
- Provides an open forum where both Certified Financial Planners and other professionals such as accountants, attorneys, bank trust officers, estate planners, investment brokers, portfolio managers, and insurance advisers in the financial planning profession can meet and discuss matters of mutual interest and importance to the professional and our clients.
- Recognizes the CFP® as the premier credential in the financial planning industry, and recommends to practitioner members that they achieve the CFP® designation.
- Supports the Code of Ethics and Professional Responsibility of the CFP® Board, which includes the following 7 principles:
Code of Ethics
From its earliest designs, the Financial
Planning Association included a mandate that members will adhere to a
code of ethics that reflects their commitment to help clients achieve
their life goals. One of the first acts of the FPA Board was to develop
and institute that code.
In accord with founding documents created by
the FPA's first board of directors, including the Memo of Intent and
Bylaws, all FPA members will be asked to commit to this code of ethics. The guidelines
capture the essence of the Certified Financial Planner Board of
Standard's code but makes it applicable to all FPA members - CFP®
certificants and non-CFP® certificants alike.
FPA's Ethics Committee is charged by the Board of Directors with reviewing alleged violations of the FPA Code of Ethics and advising staff on ways to enhance awareness by FPA members of their obligations under the Code.